We offer two types of study. A 210 ECTS credit program which gives the right to apply for a registered professional title of "Tæknifræðingur".
We offer also a 90 ECTS credit diploma at the undergraduate level, which can suit those who want to gain more theoretical and practical knowledge by studying alongside work.
The program we offer are as follows:
- Mechatronic Engineering (BSc, 210 ECTS credits)
- Processing Engineering (BSc, 210 ECTS credits)
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology (90 ECTS credits)
- Diploma in Biochemical Engineering Technology (90 ECTS credits)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology (90 ECTS credits)
- Diploma in Computer Engineering Technology (90 ECTS credits)
- Diploma in Electronic/Electrical Engineering Technology (90 ECTS credits)
For further information, please contact Karl Sölvi Guðmundsson, the director of Tæknifræðisetur Háskóla Íslands.
Icelandic matriculation examination or equivalent examination.
Applicants who have studied at the secondary level may qualify for an exemption from the above conditions by attempt for an evaluation exam. If the individual has work experience from the industry, it is also taken into account when going over the application.
Applicants who qualify for an exemption must:
- Complete an preparatory course in mathematics during the fall semester of the first year.
- Complete the preparatory courses to gain the right to continue in the program in spring on the first year.
Further information on faculty admission requirements can be found here.
Note: If you intend to apply for a diploma but not an BSc, you still apply for the enrollment in "Tæknifræði", but you need to add a note to the application where you state which diploma you intend to apply for.